CS448 Sprint 1 Retrospective

Overall, I felt that this sprint went pretty well. Being the first sprint, I understood that there was going to be a bit of a learning curve and I felt that the team took to the Agile process well. One of the best decisions we have made so far was to create our own task board for our team. By doing so, it made it much easier to keep track of what was done and what needed to be done. For the tasks that each team member had to do, we put a checklist with our names so it was easy to keep track of who still had work to do. The team did a good job for the most part keeping the board up to date. It is important to keep track of what has been done to prevent duplicate work from being done so I was happy that the board was updated regularly. Overall, I felt that our team communication could have been better and would have allow us to resolve some team member’s problems faster, but better communication is something I think will come in time. The team should discuss as a group what the standard for communication should be so we are all on the same page.

I feel that the biggest accomplishment this week was getting the ng2-amrs compiled and connected to the server. I know several teammates were able to do this and hopefully we will be able to get the others running shortly. The challenge behind getting ng2-amrs was it would not build in it’s “out of the box” state. The issue had to do with the ladda module, which was responsible for some of the styling I believe. It was looking for files in the wrong location and some directory paths in the files were formatted incorrectly. It was a bit of a process, but I was able to resolve these issues and get it to build. The solution to this issue can be found on the CS448 Slack page. Oren took my original instructions and improved upon them (so his instructions are the one’s you’ll want to use), which can also be found on the same Slack page.

Although getting ng2-amrs was the biggest accomplishment of the week, a lot of other things got done as well. Everyone on the team able to get to all of the readings done which were both essential and informative. All of the team tasks (as in the ones that the team had to complete as a unit rather than everyone individually) got done. Everyone was also able to clone ng2-amrs and start building. Those who were unable to get ng2-amrs built and running are well on their way to doing so.

I feel this team works well together and am looking forward to the continued work with this group throughout the semester. It will be nice to actually start digging into the real work next sprint rather than a lot of set-up type tasks we had to do this sprint. Hopefully we will be able to help out the folks at AMPATH in some way, shape, or form.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s